In the human body, the skin is the largest organ and is made up of millions of cells. On a daily basis, thousands of new skin cells replace old, dead ones. Due to certain environmental and lifestyle factors, this process slows down with age. As a result, dead cells accumulate on the skin’s surface, causing it to look uneven, darker, and duller than usual. Essentially, chemical peels are skin resurfacing and exfoliation agents since they speed up the turnover of skin cells. Chemical peels use chemical solutions to remove sallow, wrinkled, blemished, and tired skin layers to reveal fresher, younger-looking skin underneath. Furthermore, it stimulates the production of collagen in the skin.
What is the process of a chemical peel?
The purpose of a chemical peel is to remove dead skin cells and stimulate the production of new ones by applying a solution to the skin. As a result, the skin becomes firmer, wrinkles are reduced, pigmentation is evened out, and a more youthful appearance is restored.
Is there a wide variety of peels?
A variety of peels are available, ranging from superficial depth peels to deep peels, each with a different indication. Depending on the variety, peels may contain acidic compounds (AHAs), glycolic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, or trichloroacetic acid (TCA).
Benefits of Chemical Peel:
There are a number of skin conditions that can be effectively treated with chemical peels, including:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- A sun-damaged complexion
- Spots of aging
- Pigmentation that is uneven
- Acne scars that are shallow
- If you suffer from Psoriasis, Rosacea or Eczema inform us.
- Be prepared to feel a tingling or itching sensation during treatment.
- You may use a cool fan, cold compresses or a topical anesthetic to make you more comfortable.
Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating (sauna) for a few hours to avoid irritation.
We use the best peels from Milan, Italy with superb results.
No swelling, no downtime. Instant result, all you need as aftercare is sunblock.
- Avoid abrasive or exfoliating sponges or products.
- The drying of the skin can be relieved by applying a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic moisturizer twice daily as needed.
- Do not peel, pick, pull, scrape or scratch the skin during the peeling process. Doing so increases the risk of scarring and discoloration. Continue to apply a moisturizer until skin returns to its normal condition.
- Delay the use of liquid make up for 24 hours, if you must wear makeup, use a mineral powder very lightly.
- Follow up with in 1 to 2 weeks for your next peel.
Contact us immediately with any adverse side effects.
For Appointment Call Now:
Gulberg Clinic: 0333-4142045
Frequency depends on need, usually we give 3 peels for skin rejuvenation one week apart.
Not at all.
30 minutes with prebooking.
Depending on skin type & reason for peeling the timing can vary. Upto 3 months for rejuvenation.
We use the best peels with trained technicians so side effects are not seen
However any safe procedure can be harmful if done by untrained staff with bad quality of products.