A Mole is growth on the skin. Moles are made up of clustering of melanin in the skin – stemming from melanocytes – which can be found commonly on the skin. Moles are usually pink, tan, or brown. They can be flat or raised. They are usually round or oval and no larger than a pencil eraser.
Skin Tags – are fairly small flaps of skin that protrude from the surrounding skin on the body. Skin tags vary widely in color and shape. Some are smooth, while others are irregular and bumpy. It can either be fleshed-colored or contain darker pigments.
Skin lesions are common among humans. We all have freckles, skin tags, and moles. As we age, our childhood freckles may turn into raised moles and the inner folds of our skin may grow skin tags.
- In addition to having outstanding cosmetic results, laser mole removal has a quick healing time.
- In contrast to excision (cutting out), which leaves a visible scar. After CO2 laser treatment, most patients find that their scars are barely visible.
- Prior to the treatment, a topical numbing cream and/or injectable lidocaine may be used to numb the area.
How it is Performed?
The choice of treatment for skin tags and moles is highly dependent on the size, depth, appearance, and location of the lesion. Most lesions respond to lasers or plasmatherapy. Lasers emit one specific wavelength of energy that travels into the lesion to a specified depth and cause the lesion to contract/shrink. Ultra Pulse CO2 laser is the ideal modern treatment for mole removal as it is quick, effective, and leaves minimal scarring. And you can get rid of your unwanted moles and tags in just one sitting.
- Skin tag and mole removal treatments should be provided in a medical clinic under medical consultation and supervision.
- It is imperative not to treat a suspicious lesion, which may prevent timely diagnosis and proper treatment of a potentially harmful condition, such as skin cancer.
- A little bruising on the removal site which will settle down in a short time span.
- Avoid applying water to the treated area for 24 hours.
- Avoid exfoliation and other abrasive procedures for 7 to 10 days.
For Appointment Call Now:
Gulberg Clinic: 0333-4142045
In most instances, only 1 treatment is required for complete removal.
Local injection of lignocaine and numbing cream prevent any discomfort.
Usually a wk to 10 days.
About an hour with 30 minutes for numbing gel to act & rest for procedure and after care.
We use a very powerful laser that has a pinpoint treatment spot that can treat the lesions effectively without affecting the surrounding skin. It also has a powerful magnification system so that even the smallest lesions can be visualized and treated.